Charter Bus Driver Employment at Schmitty and Sons
The charter department at Schmitty & Sons provides reliable transportation for after school activities, school field trips, tours, weddings, corporate groups, and more. There are also additional opportunities for school bus, airport shuttle and motor coach shifts.
We provide state of the art training for our drivers with our driving simulator. The simulator allows for trainees to experience how the transit bus turns, brakes and feels in differing environments.
- Flexible Schedule Based on Availability
- Competitive Pay
- Year-Round Employment
- Experience Pay
- Weekend Shifts Available
Regardless of prior experience, all drivers are required to complete a 90 hour paid training program over 4-5 weeks depending on availability.
- Obtain CDL Permit
- CDL Road Test
- Route/Bus Training
- At Least 23 Years of Age
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or the Ability to Obtain
- Clean Criminal Background (No Felonies)
- Fluency in English (Reading, Writing, and Speaking)
- Possessed Driver’s License for Previous 3 Years
Pre-Employment Screening Requirements
- Criminal Background Check
- Driving Record
- Verification of Employment History
- Drug and Alcohol Screening