Transit Driver Employment at Schmitty and Sons
Schmitty & Sons has operated bus services for the Minnesota Valley Transit Authority (MVTA) for the past 2 decades. MVTA provides commuter transportation services from several park and ride locations throughout their service area. This includes Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Prior Lake, Rosemount, Savage, and Shakopee. Along with commuter service, MVTA also operates several local routes, and the Red Line Bus Rapid Transit service.
Primarily we are looking for drivers for weekdays during the AM and PM rush hour periods. However, other routes are available.
Full and Part-Time Shifts Available.
We provide state of the art training for our drivers with our driving simulator. The simulator allows for trainees to experience how the transit bus turns, brakes and feels in differing environments.
- Competitive Pay
- Year-Round Employment
- Experience Pay
- Health Insurance
- 401K w/Company Match
- Weekend Shifts Available on Sign Up Basis
Regardless of prior experience, all new school bus drivers are required to complete a 40 hour paid training program over 2-3 weeks depending on availability.
- Obtain CDL Permit
- CDL Road Test
- Route/Bus Training
- At Least 23 Years of Age
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or the Ability to Obtain
- Clean Criminal Background (No Felonies)
- Fluency in English (Reading, Writing, and Speaking)
- Possessed Driver’s License for Previous 3 Years
Pre-Employment Screening Requirements
- Criminal Background Check
- Department of Transportation Physical Exam
- Driving Record
- Verification of Employment History
- Drug and Alcohol Screening